Randi Friedman was a wife, mother, daughter, sister, grandmother, colleague, mentor, and a friend to many. Living west of Boston, Randi was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2012 and underwent numerous treatments to manage the disease. Randi found that practicing restorative yoga, gentle Pilates, and maintaining regular meditation and mindfulness was critical to her emotional and physical well-being. It is in her honor that we offer The Randi Friedman Wellness Grants. These 4 grant opportunities are open to residents with a cancer diagnosis living in Massachusetts. Recipients must be either a cancer survivor, or currently in treatment with physician approval.
Apply online for ONE of the four grant opportunities below:
- 3 month Yoga membership (Anywhere in MA)
- 3 month Pilates membership (Anywhere in MA)
- 3 month Meditation class membership (Anywhere in MA)
- 8 week Stress Management & Resiliency Training Program(Located in Newton, MA)
Online applicants fill out form below. Please be mindful of grant cycle dates.
- Winter Grant applications open October 15th and close at 5:00 PM on Dec 15th.
Recipients are announced January 1st.
- Spring Grant applications open January 15th and close at 5:00 PM on March 15th
Recipients are announced April 1st.
- Summer Grant applications open April 15th and close at 5:00 PM on June 15th
Recipients are announced July 1st.
- Fall Grant Applications open July 15th and close at 5:00 PM on September 15th.
Recipients are announced October 1st.